Finance Partner | Group Reg Reporting
Job no: 750553
Business unit: Finance
Position location: VIC, Docklands, 800 Bourke St
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro
- Build your career at NAB
- Progressive & agile culture
- Regulatory and External reporting experience preferred
As a Finance Partner | Group Regulatory Reporting within Financial Services, you will prepare Regulatory reports to meet APRA reporting requirements within the required timeframe. This will be achieved by facilitating and actioning the reporting process from return preparation through to submission of returns and includes post submission activities.
On a day to day basis, your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):-
- Ensuring the return preparation process is complete and accurate for regulatory reporting purposes;
- Running appropriate validation and completeness checks via the custom reports including supporting data review schedules and reconciliation reports;
- Undertake data analysis, and validation of regulatory data, returns and custom reports;
- Identifying and escalating issues to Return Reviewers, Group Regulatory Reporting Governance and the Business;
- Data Stewards and working collaboratively with them on tactical and strategic resolution of data issues;
- Actively managing risks, issues, incidents impacting regulatory reporting and working with appropriate stakeholders to ensure appropriate remediation;
- Coordinating and managing the workflow for returns/custom reports, including the review of supporting documents workflow, and ensuring return/custom report sign off and submission;
- Finalising commentary, adjustments and queries;
- Coordinating with the team to ensure that returns and custom reports are fit for purpose, and key controls across the preparation process are documented, performed, evidenced and operating effectively;
- Addressing and resolving return post submission items in addition to queries from APRA;
- Maintaining process documentation, including upstream and downstream impacts and implications;
- Preparation of any management reporting as required by the senior leaders in Group Regulatory Reporting;
- Manage day to day operational risk within acceptable levels, supported by the team and Management Assurance;
- Liaising and working with internal and/or external audit to ensure they are supported in their understanding operational processes and controls operate and responding to queries, as required.
Your skills & experience
- Extensive experience with a verifiable track record of high achievement in a Financial Reporting environment;
- Proven experience/exposure to regulatory and external reporting is preferrable;
- Sound and detailed knowledge of APRA reporting requirements;
- Strong accounting policy knowledge and technical accounting skills;
- Financial Services industry experience is desirable;
- Understanding of system mapping, financial reporting systems and processes;
- Ability to review complex data structures and rules to analyse information from multiple sources;
- Analytical Thinking – Ability to work systematically to resolve problems, identify causes, anticipate implications, make informed decisions coupled with managing multiple priorities to strict deadlines;
- Proven leadership and coaching abilities along with the ability to engage and influence across a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relevant qualification in Commerce, Accounting or Business; and CA or equivalent post qualification.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let’s have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We’d love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time