Azure Engineer (Multiple Opportunities - Melbourne & Sydney)
Job no: 752130
Work type: Permanent Full time
Location: Aust - VIC Metro, Aust - NSW Metro, UK
What’s happening at NAB?
We are looking for Australians who are looking to return home be a part of our cloud-first strategy. Over time we will transition the majority of our key applications to the cloud and also leverage cloud to accelerate development and innovation. With our Cloud Guild we have trained over 4,500 team members and certified 900. With the goal of being effective and cost efficient we have adopted a multi-cloud strategy: AWS, Azure and GCP this has given us flexibility and the ability to deliver quicker.
With a drive to insource our technology teams and cloud-first strategy we have opportunities for Azure Engineers who can be based in Melbourne or Sydney. The team is growing significantly and makes a real impact in transforming Australia’s largest business bank.
A career that gives you more
You will be joining a team of passionate engineers who are responsible for developing and supporting NAB’s Azure Public Cloud Environment. You will also be responsible for:
- Working with the latest Azure services, you will be a part of a professional development team using DevOps tooling and practices, developing automation that scales in an enterprise environment
- Improving customer experience for Application Engineers joining the platform;
- Managing and co-ordinating between partners, working with Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management to define service use in NAB and build automation to deploy those services
- Documenting/POC usage of services in the NAB environment
- Demonstrate best practices to guide application teams to do the same.
- On call rotation for cloud infrastructure services
Just like your colleagues, you are continuously learning. Your proactive and results-oriented attitude ensures that you always strive for the best. You work in a cross functional team, and possess a willingness to arrive every day with an open mind and passionate outlook.
What you will bring:
- Strong background configuring and supporting Azure services
- Experience working with technologies like ARM templates, powershell, Terraform, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, GIT.
- An excellent awareness of compliance and security standards.
- Expertise in proven diverse technical skill across infrastructure, networks, security and applications.
- Strong background in infrastructure-as-code development
- Experience in networking concepts as applied to infrastructure-as-code
- Passion for innovation and keeping at pace with market trends.
- Advanced knowledge in continuous deployment and testing techniques, along with documentation.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Apply now Refer a friend Back to search results