Safety & Compliance Manager - Erskine Park, NSW
Full time, Safety
About the position
Due to a growing partnership with one of our premium retail customers we are seeking an innovative and experienced Safety & Compliance Manager to lead our operations team to our Vision ZERO goal.
This role will oversee four operational sites in both metro and regional NSW. You will be responsible for continuously improving the safety culture and management systems, as well as building relationships with internal and external stakeholders to coach, support and mentor them through opportunities to improve all aspects of WHS and compliance.
Reporting to the National Safety Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Participating and committing to Safety Standards and COR requirements at all times;
- Providing strong and direct leadership to achieve KPI’s, customer targets and drive change to actively improve our safety programs and reduce incidents, injuries and risks;
- Deliver education around compliance with relevant WHS, NHVR and road legislation ;
- Measuring, monitoring and driving continuous improvement in safety and compliance;
- Investigating and logging incidents as well as timely implementation of corrective actions;
- Developing strong relationships and initiating regular communication with customer management and Linfox internal management to drive safety initiatives and ensure we are exceeding all expectations within WHS;
- Creating risk networks and guidance to develop solutions to major hazards and reduce the number of workplace injuries and motor vehicle incidents;
- Delivering presentations on safety statistics, improvements and operational plans.
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Previous experience in a logistics/transport environment (highly regarded);
- Degree/diploma qualified in the area of WHS and/or have significant experience in similar positions;
- Ability to take the lead with innovative approaches to continuous safety improvements and people engagement;
- Proven track record of mentoring and educating operational teams around compliance, WHS, NHVR and road legislation;
- Experience with certified WHS/OHS management systems;
- Risk assessment knowledge and practice;
- Experience in incident investigations and implementing corrective actions.
This role will offer a number of fulfilling challenges for someone who enjoys a fast paced environment. If you are proactive leader looking for a role that will allow you the autonomy to apply your experience and knowledge then we encourage you to apply.
If you have any further questions about this role please feel contact the Linfox Recruitment team on 1300 227 337 for a confidential conversation.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
Linfox encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
“Come and be part of Linfox”
Back to search results Apply now