Distribution Centre Manager - Marsden Park, NSW
Full time, Management
About the position
The DC Manager is responsible for maintaining the day to day operations of this specialized distribution centre and transport network. This role will be crucial in leading a strong safety and customer service culture within this fast paced environment.
Reporting to the Contract Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Promoting and improving safety, including understanding of auditing, compliance, CoR and incident/hazard identification, reporting and investigation.
- Managing all aspects of the distribution centre operation and effective management of human and capital resources
- Delivering an outstanding customer experience for all key stakeholders
- Collaborating and working alongside the customer to review current practices for the development of ongoing operational efficiencies, customer service and productivity improvements
- Ensuring all financial targets are achieved
- Creating a work environment which provides for enthusiasm and creativity within a disciplined approach to achieve desired outcomes
The successful applicant will possess the following:
- Desire to succeed and drive continuous improvement and pro-activity whilst developing strong relationships with staff.
- A proven track record of success in driving large fast paced operations within a 3PL or FMCG environment.
- A history of achieving KPI benchmarks for pick rate, pick accuracy, DIFOT, safety and inventory accuracy and managing budgets.
- A hands-on, highly visible leadership style and a willingness to get involved in the daily operation
- Strong communication skills and effective negotiation abilities
- Exceptional relationship management with customers across all levels.
- Knowledge of warehouse management systems and reporting structures. SAP (highly regarded)
This role will offer you a large focus on career and personal development through a supportive leadership team. If you have a drive to succeed and provide service excellence with the transport and logistics industry then we encourage you to apply.
If you have any further questions about this role please feel contact the Linfox Recruitment team on 1300 227 337 for a confidential conversation.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
Linfox encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
“Come and be part of Linfox”
Back to search results Apply now