Yardperson (Forklift & Driver Operation)
Full time, Driver
Linfox Logistics is divided into industry sectors, each dedicated to specialised supply chain solutions, including warehousing, distribution centre management, transport and logistics for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Retail, and Industrial and Intermodal operations.
Today the massive Linfox Logistics business operates more than 3.8 million square metres of warehousing and nearly 5,000 vehicles across 10 countries. More than 19,200 people deliver sophisticated supply chain services to a wide range of leading business names.
Linfox Linehaul is seeking an experienced yard person to be based at Willawong, QLD. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor this is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and experienced yard person who will be required to display a commitment to Linfox safety and compliance standards and values whilst maintaining your equipment in good order.
Yardperson Key responsibilities:
- Driving the Linfox Safety Standards at all times, and ensuring that vision ZERO is a daily focus;
- Attending daily toolboxes and daily prestart checks on MHE equipment before commencing any tasks;
- Forklifts Operation – up to 5 tonne, Loading and unloading b-doubles for local and interstate deliveries;
- Driver Operation – stage trailers for loading and unloading, reversing b-doubles into tight bays
- Restraining loads securely with chains, ratchet and straps
- Delivering and pick-up of general freight across Brisbane when required.
- Complying with the Linfox coupling & uncoupling trailers and tug test produces.
- Completing con notes/run sheets and ensuring you collect all the critical documents.
- Ensure all hazards and risks are identified and reported, evaluated and controlled in accordance with Linfox Safety Policy and Procedures.
- Achieving the Linfox vision ZERO and customer safety goals in direct areas of responsibility and adhering to all relevant OH&S legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
To be successful, you will have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience operating semi’s with the ability to operate up to a 5 tonne Forklifts;
- Extensive experience loading and unloading of general freight us of chains, ratchet and straps;
- Possess a HC or MC Licence and HRW LF ticket;
- Excellent knowledge of Chain of Responsibility and road transport legislation;
- High customer service skills, good communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Commitment and understanding of Work Health and Safety regulations.
- Permanent, full time position
- Great onsite facilities
- Offering career stability, training and development opportunities
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
If you would like to be part of Linfox and consider your skills and experience to be suitable for this position, please apply now by clicking the 'Apply now' button.
Linfox encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
"Come and be part of Linfox. We lead the way in safety, training and innovation and offer a range of job opportunities and long term career growth."
Back to search results Apply now