MC Driver – Interstate Changeover
Full time, Driver
Linfox Logistics is divided into industry sectors, each dedicated to specialised supply chain solutions, including warehousing, distribution centre management, transport and logistics for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Retail, Industrial and intermodal operations.
Today the massive Linfox Logistics business operates more than 3.8 million square metres of warehousing and nearly 5,000 vehicles across 10 countries. More than 19,200 people deliver sophisticated supply chain services to a wide range of leading business names.
Linfox Intermodal is seeking an experienced Changeover MC licenced driver to be based at Willawong, QLD. Position will require you to travel from Willawong, QLD through to Clybucca, NSW and returning back to the original point.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor this is an exciting opportunity for highly motivated and experienced MC drivers who will be required to display a commitment to Linfox safety and compliance standards and values whilst maintaining your equipment in good order.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Driving the commitment to Linfox Safety Standards at all times, and ensuring that Vision Zero is a daily focus.
- Day to day operation of B-double configuration
- Daily Prestart checks on vehicle.
- Working with the Linfox fatigue management guidelines, you will perform "walkovers" at various pre-determined change points between Willawong - Clybucca.
- Complying with the Linfox coupling & uncoupling trailers and tug test produces.
- You will need to be proficient in all matters of load restraint and mass management as you will be required to secure loads using gates and curtains and occasional strapping.
- Completing con notes/run sheets and ensuring you collect all the critical documents.
- Achieving the Linfox vision ZERO and customer safety goals in direct areas of responsibility and adhering to all relevant OH&S legislative, policy and procedural requirements.
In order to be successful you must:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as an express interstate long distance driving, operating B-double configurations.
- Possess a unrestricted MC Licence (essential)
- Hold a BFM accreditation and a safe driving record
- Good understanding of mass management, load restraint and previously used chains, ratchet chains and straps.
- Have a professional attitude towards work, excellent customer service, and good communication, written and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Chain of Responsibility and road transport legislation.
- Very good rates of pay
- Career Development and training
- Work autonomously
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
If you would like to be part of Linfox and consider your skills and experience to be suitable for this position, please apply now by clicking the 'Apply' button.
Linfox encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australians.
"Come and be part of Linfox. We lead the way in safety, training and innovation and offer a range of job opportunities and long term career growth."
Back to search results Apply now