IT SQL Database Administrator, initial 12-month fixed term contract
Full time, Information Technology
Linfox is Australia's largest privately-owned logistics company, rapidly expanding throughout Asia and New Zealand. We employ more than 23,000 people in 11 countries. At Linfox, the safety of our people, customers and the communities in which we operate is our number one priority. Our LIFT Values – Loyalty, Integrity, Fairness and Trust form the foundation of our culture and underpin the way we do business. Linfox IT are embarking on a transformation phase with a new structure to expand our IT capability, reduce costs and improve our service to the business with modern technologies.
The Linfox IT team is currently recruiting for a SQL DBA to be based at head office in Essendon Fields. Reporting to the Hosting Services Manager, your key focus will be on maintaining, enhancing and standardising the implementation and deployment of SQL databases to support the existing application landscape and in line with the Linfox 2020 Strategy.
In addition to a proven track record in a SQL DBA role in a service oriented organisation, to be considered you should have:
- Commitment to Safety Standards and chain of responsibility requirements always
- Strong SQL database administration experience, SQL 2008 and above, including installation, performance optimization and support
- Design and deploy redundancy and reliability plans, including Always On, Log Shipping, Clustering, Failover Clustering and providing troubleshooting support for application teams
- Manage SQL Server Always on Availability Clusters on critical production systems.
- Ensure optimum database availability, performance and security via industry best practices.
- Knowledge of SQL and cluster related PowerShell to enable further automation of the environment
- Skill in integration services to enable problem solving around database communication to the critical applications
- Ability to refresh environments from production data and to develop robust promotion methodologies
- Responsibility for the interpretation of all system database logs as required by application owners
- Database backup, restorations, verification, including SQL backup tuning, maintenance plans and disaster recovery
- Performance tune queries, stored procedures, views, etc
- Architect, model and design application archiving strategies and implementation with the development team
- Define Disaster Recovery Processes and Procedures and perform DR simulations
- Azure experience with the ability and desire for on the job learning as new features and solutions are developed
- Ensure appropriate user access, data integrity, application security and system recoverability of SQL environment is embedded in the SQL landscape
- Note this position is not part of an on-call roster
In return for your hard work, you will be offered:
- An opportunity to work with a great team and awesome manager
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- Ongoing training, development and learning opportunities
- Free, secure carparking
- Scope for flexible working arrangements,
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include a current Criminal History Check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
Linfox encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
Come and be part of Linfox!
Back to search results Apply now