Nature & scope
Given the prominent role that the department is meant to play in enabling the Bank advance its goals through various initiatives embarked on in various member countries, the department will require an Associate to:
• support and work with the EDF team to reduce time spent on less strategic and mundane business activities such as managing the Department’s Transaction pipeline, client follow ups, preliminary business reviews and transaction support etc, thus enabling EDF team to concentrate and focus on strategic and high value tasks of the department which will ultimately lead to the department accomplishing its goals in an efficient and effective manner
Duties and responsibilities
1. Reviews and Analysis:
- Preliminary review of all financing and non-financing requests submitted by customers to ensure they meet the Bank’s eligibility criteria.
a) Carry out initial and basic analysis by calculating relevant financial ratios including, Leverage, profitability, efficiency and cover ratios. etc
b) Assisting in evaluating the underlying financial assumptions of client’s proposal to ensure they are realistic and reliable.
c) Analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
d) Working out pricing to ensure it meets the Bank’s stipulated hurdle rates as communicated periodically.
e) Make business /commercial recommendations on proposals to the EDF team following preliminary review.
- Under the supervision of a designated EDF staff, draft a pre-assessment memo as and when the need arises.
- Developing and drafting term sheets for transactions in line with customer’s request and the Bank’s products.
- Prepare and manage EDF transaction pipeline on a timely basis.
- Creating and reporting the department’s management information (MI) for accurate decision making.
- Submission of departmental Monthly reports to the Director.
3. Business Development:
- Assisting with the review, developing and marketing of Business Materials to various target customers of the Bank.
- Advising clients on presentation of their financing proposals and requests to ensure it conforms to the Bank’s requirements.
- Develop, update and manage a database of Project & Export Finance Intermediaries.
- Representing EDF department in Internal & external meetings when required to do so.
- Undertaking desktop research into business models and new initiatives.
- Following up on action tracking logs resulting from internal committee meetings, external meetings and missions for which EDF actions are required.
- liaise with relevant departments in communicating queries and feedback to clients
- Supporting the EDF team with administrative services during missions and conferences.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
• Ability to research, evaluate business models and analyse financial statements and Information.
• Master Degree in a relevant field from a recognised University backed by appropriate experience of at least 3 years.
• Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage (French, Arabic and Portuguese).
• Ability to interact with senior officials of banks, corporates and governments.
• Demonstrate organisational capabilities, including ability to manage work load with limited supervision to attain goals.
• Being able to be multi-tasked, Proactive and able to use initiative appropriately