Manager, Information Technology (Core Banking Support)
Job no: 972710
Work type: Casual
Location: Africa - various
Categories: Banking & Finance, IT & Telecoms
Nature & scope
The role of the position holder will be to provide functional support and configuration management of the Bank’s Core Banking application in line with business Service Level Agreements (SLA). The responsibilities of the role also include facilitating seamless integration with other interdependent software applications, business analysis and requirements gathering, application testing, report development, training of end users and management of service level agreements with application vendors
Duties and responsibilities
- Functional support of the Core Banking system and interdependent interfaces
- Configuration, patches, update and upgrade management of the Core Banking system
- Manage and support integration of the Core Banking system with other interconnected applications
- Provide business analysis and requirements gathering support for end-users
- Draft and Implement the IT Disaster Recovery Plan in collaboration with the IT team. Ensure that Core Banking Application, tools and data are available on the disaster recovery site at any time required.
- Document any necessary procedure related to Core Banking application for reference.
- Anticipates Core Banking application problems and implement preventive measures.
- Investigate and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize Core Banking application availability
- Develop management information reports and dashboard using business objects, crystal report and other applicable tools.
- Design and manage data warehouse applications and tools
- Manage Service Level Agreement (SLA) with application service providers
- Actively manage the timely resolution of outstanding defects or issues impacting the business
- Support the preparation of key presentations, strategy documentation and other documents
- Handle and implement requests for application customizations
- ) Provide end-user training
- Investigate user problems, identify root cause, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions
- Any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Skills, Knowledge and Attitude
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other relevant degree from a recognized University, a Master's degree in a relevant field or a recognized professional qualification in lieu.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Core Banking support & configuration management in a modern international ICT environment.
- Implementation and management experience of Core Banking Software (Finacle particularly) very desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing banking application support processes including application defect management
- Demonstrated expertise in Solution architecture and system development life cycle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of system testing
- Ability to develop customized software applications from functional specification
- Knowledge of Agile development framework
- Demonstrated experience in software application implementation
- Demonstrated experience in managing service level agreement with application service providers
- Knowledge of business reporting tools such as business object, crystal report and reporting writing
- Ability to communicate and function in a culturally diverse and change oriented setting;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank's other working languages is an added advantage
- Willingness to travel and to work long hours where required in order to achieve the Bank's objectives;
Advertised: GMT Standard Time
Applications close: GMT Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now