Associate, Marketing & Communication
Job no: 972726
Work type: Full time
Categories: Banking & Finance
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Marketing and Communication
- To provide knowledge of AFC's mission, operations and impacts to stakeholders: Potential investors, clients - project sponsors, governments; Potential business partners - DFIs, other financial institutions, legal firms, consultants; Governments; Opinion formers - regulators, business community, press.
- Raise awareness of Brand AFC’s pan-African interests and development across Africa. Position Brand AFC as a leader in the financing of the Infrastructure asset class. Maintain current media, stakeholder and marketing databases.
- Provide intelligence about 3rd party opinions of AFC within different country governments and amongst other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the monitoring and surveillance activities to ensure the corporation’s corporate image and reputation is upheld and not tarnished.
- Research institutional investor and infrastructure information examine economic trends, analyse financial and industry data to inform investor/transaction decision making.
- Develop and maintain marketing collateral for the Corporation. Deliver an integrated and comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy and programme across Africa and globally.
- Revise and disseminate the AFC Brand and style guide for AFC internal and external documents (fonts, document formats - presentations, documents, pitches, writing style).
- Digital marketing – Manage all digital communication assets/channels. A comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media.
- Design and deliver digital marketing campaigns. Conduct surveys, to identify institutional investor perception of the Corporation, advertising effectiveness, media penetration and communications messaging between paid and earned media.
- Draft thought leadership articles, conference papers, speeches for publication, press briefings and other related external communications
- Public Relations - Develop and execute industry specific public relations and social media programs including Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and the AFC Blog.
- Ensure relevant/adequate media cover for AFC’s corporate events and sponsorship activities.
- Proactively build media and branding relationships. Facilitate media briefings alongside AFC’s PR agency. Actively participate in the identification of potential clients, investors and partners for the Corporation.
- Assist in the management of all aspects of the Corporation’s local and global external relations activities, including handling of governmental and regulatory bodies, media publications, interviews, queries and press conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President & Chief Executive Officer.
Competency and Skill Requirements
- Exceptional communication, marketing, research, analytical and interpersonal relationship skills.
- An enthusiastic team player with excellent oral, written, numerical and analytic skills. The ability to multi-task effectively and work independently, with meticulous attention to detail and minimal supervision.
- Exposure to international infrastructure deals and international financing work experience, with a network of contacts with financial institutions and International media.
- Demonstration of adequate knowledge of economic, financial, industry, development, social and other forces that may create or increase risk for the corporation.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Positive, proactive personality with a strong work ethic, motivated to succeed with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
Key Annual Performance Indicators
- Number of marketing and communication partnerships established.
- Deliver a consistent flow of communication, on deal announcements and project-related activity.
- Direct and indirect US$ revenue generated or costs saved/ realised from marketing/communications interventions.
- Timeliness, accuracy and effectiveness of communications/reporting.
Minimum Qualifications & Other Requirements
- A strong first degree in marketing, economics, social sciences, journalism, or background in communication, strategy and business development.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification: Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts or Master of Science degree in print and broadcast Journalism, or professional qualification: Chartered Institute of Marketing/Chartered Marketer, Postgraduate Diploma in Journalism.
- 5-10 years professional experience preferably in investment banking and/or industrial conglomerate, communications or journalism.
- Previous professional experience in origination/business development and execution, complemented with relevant experience and understanding of economic development issues, infrastructure finance, project development and project finance.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is mandatory.
- Arabic, French or Portuguese would be desirable.
Advertised: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Applications close: W. Central Africa Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now