Back to search results
- Transport Operations & Logistics
- Work type
- Permanent - Full Time
- Job no.
Aurizon is committed to a diverse workforce and we encourage female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants to apply.
Reporting to the Design Team Leader – Rail & Civil you will be required to provide support in the production of CADD deliverables in collaboration/independent of peers within the Rail/Civil Design team. The Rail Designer will also provide support to the ongoing development/improvement of Design System.
About the role:
- Engage in the preparation of CADD designs/drawings in support of the delivery of asset maintenance / renewals and improvement projects.
- Respond to and communicate effectively with stakeholders and colleagues.
- Contribute to business improvements, technology development and innovation to support the Design Teams
- Participate in a team of professionals to ensure delivery of effective and commercially valuable infrastructure designs
- Liaise directly with peers and leaders in the resolution of technical matters
- Meet the requirements of the Quality Management processes to assist with the provision of Geospatial services
- Advanced Diploma Civil Engineering or Equivalent
- 7 - 10+ years overall design/drafting experience
- 5+ Years Rail alignment and track Design experience highly desirable, Road Design experience also considered
- Civil and Civil Structures experience optional
- Strong Technical understanding of Rail / Civil Design Drafting and associated skills
- Good level of understanding across a broad range of closely integrated railway sub-systems
- Strong design software skills and experience – Microstation (Essential), 12d, Power Rail Track, AutoCAD, Meridian/ProjectWise etc.
- Ability to support the implementation of system and process improvements
- Motivated in Continuous Professional Development with a high level of adaptability and focus on Learning new skills
- Excellent time management, self-checking and personal ownership of design tasks
Aurizon is Australia’s largest rail freight operator and a top 100 ASX company. Each year, we transport more than 250 million tonnes of Australian commodities, connecting miners, primary producers, and industry with international and domestic markets.
We strive for a diverse, collaborative, creative and a high-performance culture that celebrates the contribution of every employee and provide opportunities for career development in a dynamic work environment that values gender equity, LGBTI inclusion and workplace diversity.
- Discounts on selected health insurance funds, personal travel, gyms, vehicles and retail brands
- Parental Leave Program and Super Booster
- Access to an employee assistance program
- Access to female and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mentoring programs
- Flexible Working Arrangements (Subject to business needs)
Safety: We have a relentless focus to ZEROHarm.
People: We seek diverse perspectives.
Integrity: We have the courage to do the right thing.
Customer: We strive to be the first choice for our customers.
Excellence: We set and achieve ambitious goals.
For more information, please contact Stephanie Tyson on 0730191199
Apply now Refer a friend