- Are you a Chef looking for more work/life balance and an opportunity to work day shift?
- Make your mark on this vibrant and busy café.
As Australia’s first dedicated Art Hotel, The Henry Jones merges one of Tasmania’s most significant industrial heritage sites with modern design and contemporary art to create a decadent and sophisticated guest experience. The hotel is a living and breathing art gallery, exhibiting over 450 works from an eclectic mix of Tasmanian artists – all set against a backdrop of rich industrial heritage and stories of the hotel’s former life as an internationally renowned Jam Factory.
Our iconic Jam Packed Café is on the lookout for a new Sous Chef to lead our talented team of Chefs. Jam Packed is a beautiful eatery that is loved by locals and tourists alike for its delicious breakfast and lunch offering. Reporting directly to the Executive Chef of Henry Jones Art Hotel, you will have an opportunity to make your mark on this vibrant café, have creative input into menu design and have support from some of the best in the business. You will have a passion for showcasing Tasmanian produce, and will share this passion with your team and guests.
To succeed you will have:
- Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead and motivate a talented team of Chefs
- Experience in a busy café environment, in a similar role
- A passion for cooking and creating innovative dishes
- Effective time management skills along with a positive attitude
- Strong organisational and planning skills
In return for your contribution, The Henry Jones Art Hotel offers you a supportive team environment, and the opportunity to grow and work with some of the best hospitality professionals. You will also benefit from a wide range of employee benefits, and be a part of an environment where values and team culture are of high importance.
To apply, please click the ‘apply now’ button. For further discussion please telephone Hayley Stadler on 6221 1662, or email TourismHR@federalgroup.com.au for a confidential discussion.
Applications close Wednesday 21st November, 9.00am