Job no.: 492667
Work type: Full time
• Melbourne location
• Healthcare & Animal care Sectors
• Maternity leave cover role (12 Months)
EBOS Group have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, qualified and proactive Work Health and Safety professional.
- Melbourne location
- Healthcare & Animal care Sectors
- Maternity leave cover role (12 Months)
Publicly listed on the New Zealand and Australian Stock Exchanges, EBOS Group has a combined presence of more than 2200 employees and over 40 worksites across Australasia that process over 5.4 million orders each year.
We offer a range of products and services within Healthcare and Animal Care including Logistics and Distribution, Manufacturing, Pharmaceutical and Hospital Wholesaling, Sales and Marketing, Retail Brands and Services, and Veterinary and Pet Care products.
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated Work Health & Safety (WH&S) Coordinator to join our WH&S team and provide leadership, guidance and advice in WH&S across a variety of business units within Victoria and South Australia.
Based in Melbourne, the role will report through to the Group WH&S Manager. This is an autonomous role and we are looking for a self-starter to partner with our business unit managers to continue to drive safe working practices and a safe working culture.
Our ideal candidate will be have a proven record in a similar role in which they have successfully assisted in the implementation of company systems, policies and procedures. In addition, they have been able to effectively develop and enhance relationships with managers to drive proactive WH&S outcomes.
The functional responsibility of this role is to provide quality WH&S advice to the businesses through the following activities:
Work Health and Safety
- Partner with business unit managers to enhance business WH&S culture.
- Work with businesses to develop WH&S procedures and practices.
- In conjunction with business managers coordinate WH&S activities.
- Undertake workplace inspection, auditing and risk assessment.
- Monitor measure and report on WH&S metrics.
- Develop and implement WH&S training programs.
- Complete incident investigations in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Keeping up to date with Legislation, Standards, Codes of Practice and technical knowledge, and providing expert advice in relation to these.
- Liaison with regulatory agencies as required.
- Coordination of wellbeing initiatives.
Workers Compensation & Return to Work
- Oversee case management and return to work programs.
- Provide advice on return to work strategies and rehabilitation.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years' experience in WH&S.
- Excellent people and influencing skills.
- Experience within a wholesale / distribution environment is preferable.
- Minimum Certificate IV in Workplace Health & Safety.
- Demonstrated influencing skills.
- Sound understanding of Workplace Health & Safety legislation.
- Sound understanding and experience of Workers Compensation legislation and practices.
- Excellent written & positive verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Current Driver's License.
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now