Job no.: 492731
Work type: Full time
Maintenance technician required for immediate start with Symbion SA.
With more than 2,500 employees in 42 locations across Australasia, EBOS Group is a major contributor to the healthcare of millions of people throughout the region and a leader in animal care.
Founded on a philosophy of growth and fresh thinking, EBOS Group strives for leadership in its business segments. By valuing its people and its partnerships, the Group is well positioned to expand further through a combination of acquisitions and organic development.
1. POSITION SUMMARY
The maintenance technician is responsible for all maintenance activities throughout the site and effectively mitigating risks that can lead to system downtimes impacting business objectives. The position being offered is a full-time role.
The position is one of significant responsibility. The Technician is expected to take the initiative and make decisions as and when necessary to ensure uninterrupted productivity while maintaining a safe working environment. The position is a "hands on" (Operational) role working as part of the team.
The selected candidate needs to demonstrate strong trouble shooting and analytical skills in minimising any downtime associated with automated mechanical environments along with being well organised, highly motivated and creative in thinking to meet business objectives.
The duties listed below are the minimum requirements of the role.
2 MAJOR CHALLENGES
Describe the most difficult types of problems or the major challenges you face in performing your job.
- Maintaining maximum uptime of all systems with effective risk mitigation strategies.
- Maintaining zero injuries
- Liaison with Supervisors and managers in relation to breakdowns and maintenance activities.
- Maintaining records of all breakdowns and maintenance activities
- Maintaining a high level of housekeeping Standards at all times.
- Maintaining spare parts
- Maintaining a strong working relationship with suppliers and contractors
- Development & maintenance of rapport with supervisors and operators.
- Effectively introduce business enhancements and changes incorporating effective risk mitigation strategies
- Introduce effective training systems that guide staff in business processes both current and newly introduced.
- Conduct a root-cause analysis on failures and develop improvements to avoid reoccurrences or mitigate the impact should a failure occur again
3. JOB HOLDER’S REQUIREMENTS
Describe the knowledge, experience, qualifications & specialist / technical skills (if any) required for your job.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Automated environment required (Mechanical Pneumatic and Electrical)
- Strong time management skills and a sense of urgency.
c) Experience with CMMS.
d) WH&S awareness.
e) Ability to recommend and implement process improvement.
f) Strong Communication skills, written and oral, within the branch, across business units and 3rd parties
g) Aptitude and experience in coordinating people to ensure the meeting of deadlines
h) Attention to detail and follow up.
i) Knowledge and understanding of the operation in IT systems, Computers, Phones, Electrical and Solenoid systems etc
j) Use of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
k) Strong inventory management skills required to maintain an extensive spare parts inventory.
L ) Must hold an Electrical A-Grade licence.
4. KEY RESULT AREAS / ACCOUNTABILITIES
List the major and supporting actions that are necessary to fulfil the purpose of your job. For each action, indicate the possible ways that success can be measured. Measures can often be identified by responding to the question “How can I tell when I have achieved the expected end result?”
Key Result Areas / Accountabilities
Measures of Performance
Culture & Employee Relations
- Employee Relations
- Deal with each Employee in a professional, consistent, positive manner.
- Set your standards of behaviour in such thing as:
- Always being courteous & polite
- Being respectful
- Accommodating of the differences in personality, protected attributes and on the job capability.
- Listen to all Employees with empathy but not emotion.
- Treat all Employees equally with respect and without prejudice or favouritism.
- Manage by showing leadership in demonstrating your standards of behaviour.
- Maintain highest levels of uptime and minimise breakdowns of automated assets.
- Manage all breakdowns
- General maintenance
- Cost control
- Time Keeping
- Manage preventative maintenance programs for all automation assets.
- Manage maintenance programs according to manufacturer specifications
- Monitor and perform all tasks pertinent to automated systems reliability and minimisation of breakdown.
- Monitor proper and safe functioning of machines and assets.
- Plan maintenance activities that fit in with business workload requirements
- Respond to all breakdowns
- Conduct and evaluate systems tests to find faults and determine remedial action requirements.
- Respond to and investigate complaints to determine cause and avoid breakdowns.
- Repairing breakdowns and defects, carrying out routine repairs and calling in relevant contractors to conduct repairs.
- Document (log) all complaints and breakdowns within the CMMS.
- Develop and provide systems documentation including:
- Technical manuals and information.
- Operating procedures
- Troubleshooting guides
- Maintenance schedules
- Documentations and logging of all complaints, breakdowns, and maintenance activities.
- Maintenance records for all equipment on site.
- Develop and manage preventative maintenance programs for the entire site including all buildings, machines, assets and services.
- Monitor, perform and coordinate all activities to ensure everything is maintained according to business requirements.
- Monitor proper and safe functioning of machines and assets.
- Attend to and undertake small repair and maintenance works such as replacing fuses, replacing oil, checks, reset systems, reposition scanners, and replace filters and similar activities
- Communication and support to relevant supervisors and staff with an emphasis on quality and timeliness.
- Keep proper records of all purchases and obtain required approval prior to purchase.
- Check all contractor invoices to ensure accuracy and avoid overcharging.
- Ensure all work areas are maintained to a high standard at all times.
- Ensure all work areas are kept free from rubbish at all times.
- Take prompt action to resolve and enforce all Housekeeping standards.
- Weekly review of all areas as per Housekeeping roster.
- Final inspection of all works carried out by third party contractors
- Ensure that all contractors’ times on site are tracked and recorded.
- Ensure that all breakdowns are recorded accurately.
Process Improvements & Innovation
- Process improvement
- Minimise equipment downtime for logistics equipment.
- Root Cause analysis and corrective actions
- Encourage Staff ideas and improvements at tool box meetings. Measure based on OFI's raised and closed.
- Review processes to explore opportunities for improvement / innovation.
- Preventative maintenance to achieve NIL downtime. Report equipment before it becomes an issue.
- Conduct root cause analysis on failures
- Put in corrective action to avoid future failures and/or
- Put in place action to mitigate the impact of failures
WH&S responsibility and accountability
Promote culture of safe work and accident prevention.
Implement the WHS Plans as required
Monitor health and safety performance within area of responsibility
Demonstrate commitment to health and safety through participation in formal and informal discussions, workplace visits and hazard inspections, risk assessments, pre-purchase evaluations etc.
Participate where required in the resolution of safety issues.
Assist with the Investigation of all incidents within area of responsibilities
Initiate action to improve health and safety within area of responsibility
Actively monitor the workplace to determine the presence of hazards and rectify any hazards found.
Participate in any local Health and Safety Committees, when nominated.
Ensure employees are able to competently and safely perform any work they undertake and are aware of the risks and hazards associated with their work.
Maintain Health and Safety documentation and records in accordance with Symbion standards.
- Zero LTI
- Participation and progress on WH&S plans
- Staff compliance with company SWP’s, policies and procedures.
- Completion of audits, site inspections etc.
- Follow up and completion of hazard reports, checklists etc.
- Actively follow up and resolve safety issues.
- Completion of incident reports in a timely manner.
- Actively look for ways to action and improve e.g. completion of reports including near misses.
- Participation and completion of WH&S activities as required.
- Train staff in correct and safe procedures.
- Target: Zero lost time.
- Ensure that WH&S issues are raised at meetings including toolbox meetings.
- Maintain minimum speed limits. Enforce pedestrian management plans
Advertised: Cen. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now