Job No: 575047
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration:$112,265 - $119,163 pa HEW Level 09 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
The Department Manager is a senior role within the Department of Chemical Engineering. This role is responsible for the financial, administrative and technical support functions of the department, its centres and research institutes. The role involves management of extensive resources with significant complexity and diversity, and extends to include forward planning and producing the appropriate models that form the basis of decision making within the department.
The Department Manager plays a key role to ensure that the administrative and technical support operations of the department assist the department and its associated centres and institutes to achieve their goals at a high level of quality, efficiency and effectiveness.
As the successful candidate you will oversee the planning and management of the department's significant and complex physical, technical, IT and administrative resources including:
- planning and implementing the department's resource framework to meet strategic, operational, teaching and research objectives
- resource planning, implementation and monitoring, aligned to departmental aims and requirements
- planning and reviewing administrative systems to optimise staffing resources and maximise efficiencies
- implementing strategies to ensure departmental compliance with resource‑related legislation and University policy e.g. Occupational Health and Safety (OHS).
If you feel that you have the skills and experience to make this role a success your application is encouraged.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs" *
Professor Mark Banaszak Holl, Head of Department, +613 990 53445
PD - Department Manager
Friday 23 March 2018, 11:55 pm AEST
Supporting a diverse workforce