Director, Learning & Teaching, Diplomas
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. We are leaders in pre-university education. For over 20 years we have prepared the next generation of global professionals, equipping them to capably succeed at university and in their careers.
Monash College Diplomas offer a guaranteed pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at the University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies.
About the role:
We are seeking a Director of Learning and Teaching Diplomas to support Monash College's impressive growth trajectory. Directing the activities of a large team of approximately 100 learning and teaching and professional staff, the Director Learning and Teaching Diplomas will;
- Accelerate and enhance the quality of learning and teaching within the division and with offshore providers
- Teaching the same program to reinforce its competitive position and reputation, as well as strengthen the quality of the student experience and outcomes.
- Provide strategic leadership and management of Learning and Teaching functions including review and implementation and oversight of curriculum, pedagogy, assessment and the use of data insights to improve outcomes.
- Ensuring the Division’s learning and teaching infrastructure, processes and practices are positioned to deliver on our growth, quality and commercial goals.
- Maximise linkages with Monash University Faculties, Bachelor of International Business and other programs across Monash College to innovate in learning and teaching and improve student outcomes.
This rare opportunity to contribute in a highly successful organisation and will appeal to professionals with proven leadership, interpersonal, and relationship management skills, together with demonstrated commercial acumen.
Essential skills and experience:
- Degree or higher post graduate qualification
- Postgraduate qualification in Education or similar
- A knowledge of current learning and teaching pedagogy and technologies and emergent trends and directions in education delivery.
- An understanding of international students within transition education and alignment with off-shore partners
- Experience in delivering commercial and financial outcomes in an education setting
- A comprehensive grasp of applicable regulatory, accreditation requirements
- Experience leading a large team covered by an Enterprise Agreement.
For the full position, description please click here.
Please direct all enquires and job applications to our External Recruitment Director, Paul Hill, Odgers Berndtson Executive Search. Paul may be reached on:
Telephone: +61 407 766 756
The closing date for applications is Monday, 19 March 2018.
Supporting a diverse workforce