Manager, University Planning
Job No.: 572654
Faculty / Division: Provost and Senior Vice-President
Location: Ferntree Gully Road, Mount Waverley
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 Year fixed-term appointment
Remuneration: HEW 10A - Base salary of $141,012 per annum plus 17% superannuation and an annual incentive payment of up to a maximum of 10%
- Be inspired, every day
- Enjoy the freedom to discover something new
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. So if you’re looking for the next chapter in your career, it’s here. You’ll be given the opportunity to challenge yourself, build on your skills, and make a significant contribution to a workplace that’s filled with energetic and inspiring people. Talent thrives here – and so do truly satisfying careers.
University Planning and Statistics (UPS) is an innovative, collaborative and responsive team with a reputation for excellence in planning and analytics which informs the University’s strategic ambitions. We are seeking a Manager of University Planning to lead and develop a high performing planning team, with a focus on service excellence, which provides a consultancy capability and authoritative advice on university planning matters. Reporting directly to the Director of UPS, the incumbent will play a critical role within the UPS leadership team, collaboratively supporting UPS’s objectives, ensuring service delivery is proactive and responsive to the institution’s needs.
As the successful candidate, you will be accountable for:
- the delivery of an integrated planning framework for the university which ensures alignment of the Strategic Plan with all subsidiary plans
- leading the annual student load planning process, ensuring load allocations are maximised strategically and is regarded by the institution as the single source of truth in terms of load data
- providing advice and guidance on the construction of all subsidiary plans and undertaking reviews to ensure the desired outcomes are achieved, recommending improvements or changes as necessary
- undertaking analysis to provide insight and intelligence on the internal and external environment and how this might impact on the delivery of existing plans; and
- initiating strategic conversations in order for the institution to be in a state of preparedness to internal and external change
As a highly motivated and driven individual, your demonstrated strong track record of institutional planning and ability to set objectives, as well as your capability to determine priorities will be well regarded in this role. Additionally your managerial success, particularly as an analytical and decisive decision maker, coupled with your proven ability to act as a thought leader and change agent will further enhance your achievement of set objectives, whilst your capacity to build relationships across the institution will be critical to enabling you to deliver on the vision for the University Planning team within UPS.
This is an opportunity to join a Group of Eight University with a globally recognised and respected brand and leverage your expertise to take the analytics and reporting function to new heights. If this sounds like a position that suits your current career focus we look forward to hearing from you.
This role is a full-time position; however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Nicola Powell, Director University Planning & Statistics, 61 3 9905 9659
PD - Manager, University Planning
Monday 23 April 2018, 11.55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce