Job No.: 572780
Faculty / Division: Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice-President
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Continuing appointment
Remuneration: $112,265 - $119,163 pa HEW Level 09 (plus 17% employer superannuation)
An opportunity exists for a Senior Lawyer with significant post-admission experience, to work as an integral part of the team within the Office of the General Counsel (OGC), to provide legal services for the University.
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting the General Counsel and the Deputy General Counsel to:
- support the University in achieving its goals through the provision of timely and authoritative legal advice and services to university officers and senior management on a wide range of matters arising out of activities across teaching and learning, research, national and international collaboration initiatives, as well as day-to-day legal issues arising for a large and internationally focused University; and
- develop and implement effective strategies to meet the needs of users of legal services within the university.
In addition, you will be responsible for producing high-quality legal research, advice and documents appropriate to clients' needs, including reviewing, drafting, negotiating and settling a range of agreements and contracts. You will also provide leadership and guidance to colleagues both within the OGC and external to the OGC as appropriate and play a key role in supporting the senior lawyers to develop and implement initiatives to improve the effective operation of the office, identifying areas for improvement in the service delivery model.
To be successful in this role, you will be a qualified legal practitioner with significant post-admission experience, either practising or entitled to practise in Victoria.
In addition, you will have:
- extensive experience in a general/commercial legal practice
- a strong technical background in using and interpreting legislation
- demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage multiple legal matters simultaneously and completing such tasks in a timely manner
- highly-developed relationship management skills, including the ability to interact, influence and negotiate at appropriate level
- exceptional communication and drafting skills
- an exemplary ability to work autonomously and also cooperatively in a team environment.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy being part of a supportive team of professional staff, apply now.
This role is a full-time position. Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs"
Ms Julianne Wantrup, General Counsel, Office of the General Counsel, 61 3 9905 5122
PD - Senior Lawyer
Monday 19 February 2018, 11.55pm AEDT
Supporting a diverse workforce