At Monash University, we are committed to advancing the education and research aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. We aim to recruit, support and retain Indigenous staff to support this commitment.
Monash has campuses at Clayton, Caulfield, Frankston and Parkville. Roles at the University are extremely diverse, from customer service and administration to program management and academic roles.
Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants include:
- Advice on preparing your application;
- Indigenous representation on your interview panel;
- Support in transitioning to your new role at Monash;
- Ongoing support from the Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit; and
- Access to the Indigenous Employee Network.
To be considered for employment at Monash under our Indigenous Employment Policy, please complete this Expression of Interest form. You will then be put on our email list to receive job notifications. Our Indigenous Employment Manager will be in touch to discuss the process and opportunities.
Eligibility - To be eligible for employment under our Indigenous Employment Policy, you must be able to provide proof of Aboriginality. This may be in the form of:
- a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by the chairperson of an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Land Council;
- a letter stamped with the common seal and signed by a delegate of an incorporated Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander organisation;
- a copy of your birth certificate and a copy of your parent/s confirmation of Aboriginality as described above; or
- a Monash University Statutory Declaration witnessed by an authorised person, as detailed on the declaration form.
If you would like to discuss your interest further, you can contact the Yulendj Indigenous Engagement Unit via firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (03) 9905 5000.
Please click on the “Apply” button below to start your application.
Supporting a diverse workforce