Senior Lecturer in Plant Ecology
Job no: 551771
Work type: Continuing
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
- ERA rating of 5 in Biological Sciences
- Full-time, Continuing position, Melbourne (Bundoora) location
- $111,162 - $128,175 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2016), one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
La Trobe University has an outstanding reputation for research in Biological Sciences and most recently received the highest possible ERA rating of 5, in both Biological Sciences and Agricultural and Veterinary Studies.
About the role
As a Teaching and Research Academic you will be expected to undertake research to address questions in a range of fields including ecology or landscape ecology or conservation biology or ecological genetics or modelling to complement the Department's strengths in these areas. We place a very strong emphasis on teaching work-ready skills to undergraduates, and you will be expected to deliver high quality classroom and field-based teaching in plant ecology to undergraduates.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD in plant ecology focussing on community or landscape ecology or conservation biology or ecological genetics or modelling.
- Strong record of research publications with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in securing significant external research funding through competitive grants, contracts and/or consultancies.
- Proven ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honour and postgraduate students.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in curriculum development and teaching.
Please refer to the Position Description for other skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Tuesday, 4 April 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Peter Green, Head of Department of Ecology, Environment and Evolution, +61 3 9479 3675 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
PD - Level C - Senior Lecturer - Plant Ecology (2).docx
Position Description below:
Please address the Key Selection Criteria in the Position Description and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now