- Full-time, Continuing role
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $106,552 - $113,076 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Marketing and Recruitment Division plays a key role in the development of customer growth and stakeholder engagement strategies across all available markets and channels including domestic, regional, international markets and online.
About the role
Reporting to the Director, Media and Communications, the primary purpose of the role is to provide high quality expert advice and strategic communications support on a range of activities in a complex specialised environment. This includes:
- Leading a team of media and communications professionals to develop a wide range of innovative, engaging and informative content for both traditional and new media channels
- finding, telling and sharing the great stories of La Trobe University’s clever people, their ideas, discoveries and contributions
- Designing and implementing cross platform strategic communication strategies that support and reinforce the University’s key recruitment and reputation goals and themes.
Skills and Experience
- A degree in media, public relations or communications (or equivalent experience). A substantial number of years experience as a journalist, public relations or communications practitioner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong writing, story construction and editing skills across a wide range of communication channels.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and synthesize complex ideas into simple, clear copy.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain sound working relationships internally and externally and to communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues.
- Proven connections to working with journalists and experience in both resolving media queries and pitching story ideas.
- Demonstrated experience managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding and an understanding of financial management procedures.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 28 June 2017 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Tim Mitchell, +61 3 9479 5246 or email@example.com.
Position Description below:
NEW - Media and Communication Manager HEO9.docx
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.