- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences (SEMS) sits within the College of Science, Health and Engineering. SEMS has over 70 academic staff and has a reputation for innovative course design, the maintenance of a supportive student-centred learning environment and an outstanding research profile.
About the role
A Level B teaching and research academic is expected to make a contribution to the discipline at the national level. You will develop curriculum, teach and undertake research or other scholarly work relevant to the development of your discipline or professional field. You will obtain research funding from grants, contracts and consultancies, individually or as part of a team. You will also be required to supervise Higher Degree by Research (HDR), honours and postgraduate students.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Engineering. The incumbent would be expected to have:
- Demonstrated experience in FPGA application in communications, including Radio Frequency (RF) transmission and reception.
- Demonstrated FPGA design experience using VHDL and/or Verilog. A clear demonstratration of creativity in the applicants’ portfolio of work will be required.
- C based kernel/driver development for Linux. The proficient use of interrupts and DMA.
- Experience in Industry and/or research collaboration with industry, producing effective outcomes.
- Strong record of research publications, with evidence of quality and impact, relative to opportunity.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposals submitted to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with an ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 2 July 2017 at 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Dr Jim Whittington, +61 3 9479 2501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Lecturer - Engineering.docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.