- Part-time (80%), Fixed term contract for 12 months
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $90,748 - $107,758 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Living with Disability Research Centre is a collaborative and multidisciplinary research centre based at La Trobe University and sits within the College of Science, Health and Engineering. LIDS combines the expertise of social workers, speech pathologists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, psychologists, health econonomists and other professions.
About the role
Undertake research fieldwork, liaison with research partners such as disability support services, health services and community allied health professionals, recruitment of participants, conduct face to face interviews, observations, administration of standardised assessments, compilation of field notes, and other tasks as required.
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a PhD or equivalent qualifications or research experience.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in working with people with acquired brain injury, particularly traumatic brain injury across a range of severity levels.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of interviewing people with acquired disabilities and liaising with family members and allied health professionals and support staff.
- A record of publications, conference papers and/or reports, or professional or technical contributions which provide evidence of strong research potential.
- Sound analytical skills with an ability to communicate complex information clearly both orally and in writing.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Wednesday, 5 July 2017 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Jacinta Douglas on +61 3 9479 1797 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD - Level B - Research Fellow - ISCRR Project.docx
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria listed in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 03 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.