Manager, Internal Communications
- Support and advise senior executives and academic leaders
- Champion best practice and drive staff engagement with University strategic goals and priorities
- Work within a team of communications and content-creation professionals
- Full time, Contuining role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $91,330 - $104,909 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The Marketing and Recruitment Division plays a key role in the development of customer growth and stakeholder engagement strategies across all available markets and channels including domestic, regional, international markets and online.
Reporting to the Director, Media and Communications, this position is required to provide expert strategic advice and faultless high quality execution of internal communications more than six thousand staff across multiple campus locations and communication channels.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will possess:
- Exemplary written communication skills and strong senior stakeholder management experience
- A degree with substantial extension of the theories and principles, learned through experience; or a range of management experience
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with experience in managing and leading staff to promote a cohesive and effective team and managing workflows
- Ability to develop innovative methodologies or take a leading role in the application of proven techniques involving considerable theoretical and technical sophistication
- Demonstrated ability to form a detailed knowledge of academic and administrative policies and the interrelationships between a range of policies and activities
If you are an excellent communicator and posses strong interpersonal skills then we would like to hear from you!
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 2nd July 2017
Position Enquiries: Tim Mitchell, TEL 9479 5246 Email: T.Mitchell@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
PD - Internal Communications Manager HEO8.docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job no 552702 under current vacancies.