- Be part of our exciting new La Trobe Online education offering
- Full time, Fixed Term until 31 December 2018
- $81,184-$89,635 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
This position sits in the Student Administration portfolio within the Student Services and Administration Division, with a reporting line into La Trobe Online. The Student Services and Administration Division comprises Student Administration, Service Businesses, Counselling and Equity and Diversity.
La Trobe Online is a significant initiative to develop an exciting new model for La Trobe’s online education product offering, in order to achieve strong growth and inclusive excellence. The project will involve all major areas of the University. A substantial component will be directed towards the development of fully online courses and improvement of all aspects of the online environments, including the student experience across the entire student life-cycle.
The Student Support Coordinator will ensure that the provision of student advice and associated activities supports students at all stages of the student lifecycle, facilitating independence and self-direction, improving student engagement and aiding successful student outcomes. The position is also responsible for identifying environmental conditions that may influence student satisfaction and academic achievement, and for proposing and implementing improvement strategies to increase student satisfaction, achievement and associated retention.
Reporting to the Manager, Online Operations, the Student Support Coordinator is a key member of the centralised Student Support team and is responsible for leading the team and ensuring that the team deliver a high quality student support service for future and existing online students, in accordance with the La Trobe Online Student Experience Framework.
Other accountabilities will include, developing and supporting orientation and retention initiatives, effectively operate across a vast range of IT applications and service platforms, provide expert advice on complex student issues using developed knowledge in a University environment and develop and implement effective communication strategies as required.
The hours of operation may be outside the traditional span of working hours.
Skills & Experience
To succeed, you will possess:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to draft correspondence and reports, deal tactfully with a diverse range of backgrounds, develop excellent working relationships with, colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to gain a conceptual understanding of relevant policies, procedures or systems and interpretation in the application of policy and/or precedent.
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills with successful experience in managing workflows and managing and leading staff
- Proven analytical and problem solving capability
- Prior experience in a higher education sector
- Extensive experience using Student information systems or Customer information systems
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday, October 29th 2017
Position Enquiries: Zsuzsa Balabas, Program Director, La Trobe Online on 03 9479 1656
Position Description below:
50142738 Student Support Coordinator.pdf
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.