- Be part of our exciting new La Trobe Online education offering
- Full time, Fixed Term until 31 December 2018
- $63,424-$71,423 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
This position sits in the Student Administration portfolio within the Student Services and Administration Division, with a reporting line into La Trobe Online. The Student Services and Administration Division comprises Student Administration, Service Businesses, Counselling and Equity and Diversity.
La Trobe Online is an exciting new model for La Trobe’s online education offering, in order to achieve strong growth and inclusive excellence. The project will involve all major areas of the University. A substantial component will be directed towards the development of fully online courses and improvement of all aspects of the online environments, including the student experience across the entire student life-cycle.
The position will be a member of the centralised Online Student Support team who operate within La Trobe Online and offer consolidated end-to-end support for future and existing online students in accordance with the La Trobe Online Student Experience Framework. The role will be the first point of contact to University clients, particularly new and current online students via phone, CRM and social media channels. Promptly and professionally, , responding to and resolving student enquiries and providing support materials to ensure timely and accurate information is conveyed and students have an optimum experience.
Reporting to the Online Student Support Coordinator, the role of the Student Support Officer (online), is to deliver excellent customer service, ensure timely and accurate information is conveyed, process information and student record related transactions and to maintain a professional, positive and solution orientated approach across all work practices and daily interactions.
Other accountabilities will include, being a subject matter expert in the consolidated online student support processes, effectively operating across a range of IT applications and service platforms, ongoing contribution to continuous improvement principles, assisting with the development of processes and procedures and undertaking other duties as directed accordingly.
The hours of operation may be outside the traditional span of working hours.
Skills & Experience
To succeed, you will possess:
- Completion of a degree without subsequent relevant work experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to delivery of high quality customer service
- The ability to positively resolve problems and to provide interpretation, advice and decisions on rules and entitlements through conceptual understanding of the relevant policies, procedures and systems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, follow established procedures with limited supervision and contribute positively to an effective team.
- Capacity to organise work effectively and efficiently, to follow established procedures, to be an effective team member and delivery outputs in a timely manner
- High level proficiency in computer software
- Previous experience supporting online programs in the higher education sector
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday, October 29th 2017
Position Enquiries: Zsuzsa Balabas, Program Director, La Trobe Online on 03 9479 1656
Position Description below:
50142739 Online Student Support Officer.pdf
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.