Senior Officer, Campus Administration (Mildura)
- Exciting opportunity to join our team based at our Mildura campus
- 2x Full time, continuing position
- $63,424-$71,423 plus up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is among the top 100 universities in the world under the age of 50 (Times Higher Education Rankings 2015), one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
The Senior Officer, Campus Administration is responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service and effective administration in addition to supporting academic activities across the campus. As this is a front facing role, you will be professionally presented with very strong verbal communication skills.
Further key responsibilities will include:
- Supporting enrolment, progression, assessment and graduation event activities for all student cohorts in the Campus.
- Assisting with student and staff enquiries by telephone, email or face to face as required
- Investigating and resolving student administration issues (e.g. enrolments, progression, graduation etc.)
- Participating in marketing events such as Open Day, Expos and direct offer nights as required.
- Provide support for the Head of Campus as required, including executive support and support as required for the Co-ordinator, Campus Operations (Mildura).
- Ensure that all administration across the student lifecycle is delivered in an efficient and seamless manner
Skills & Experience
To succeed, you will posses a relevant tertiary qualification and or equivalent experience in a service related role. On a daily basis, you will use your ability to understand, interpret and apply policies and procedures correctly along with using your highly developed written and verbal communications skills. Having previous experience working in a client services position, you will have an excellent understanding of how to respond to people with confidence and respect. You will also have a high standard of attention to detail, success in using the internet as a research tool and be efficient in the use of MS Office suite with autonomy. Whilst remaining organised in an environment where your multi tasking skills will be utilised you will need to meet competing deadlines.
Experience in student administration in the Higher Educational sector and a working knowledge of University student administrative systems is desirable.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
Closing date: 11pm Wednesday 31st January 2018
Position Enquiries: Gail Ahearn, Senior Co-ordinator, Campus Operations on (03) 5051 4002
Position Description below:
HEO5 Senior Officer Campus Administration (Mildura).docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Consultant Lauren Toledo ph: (03)9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 553237 under current vacancies.