- Lead and direct the faciltiies manangement and operations at La Trobe University
- Full time, 2 year fixed term role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $160,000 per annum inclusive of up to 17% superannuation + company vehicle
About the role
The position, Senior Manager Operations sits within the Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Department which is responsible for delivering services across all University locations. O&M Department is one of five departments in the Infrastructure & Operations Division. The Senior Manager Operations reports to the Director Operations & Maintenance and works closely and collaboratively with senior managers from other I&O Division departments including Projects, Property Development and Client & Business Services as well as key stakeholders and customer groups across the University.
The Senior Manager Operations leads and directs the strategic delivery of facilities maintenance and operations services associated with buildings, facilities and grounds operations and the service desk to effectively support the achievement of University goals. This position has University wide responsibilities, whilst based at Bundoora the successful candidate will be required to travel to other campuses and sites. There is an expectation of responding to out-of-hours phone calls and associated site attendance, as needed.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this role at La Trobe University, you will:
- Possess a postgraduate qualification with extensive relevant experience in the management of an operations group in a large organisation
- Have demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the legislative and statutory requirements relevant to and impacting on FM activities
- Have demonstrated ability to engage effectively and persuasively with senior colleagues through a superior ability to interact collegiately and negotiate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Have demonstrated ability to manage staff and contractors, develop collaborative teams to deliver programs of work, and experience in reporting on contracted services including key performance indicators.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you to take your career to the next level then be sure to apply now!
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 25th February 2018
Position Enquiries: Samuel Wishart TEL: 9479 1369 Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
PD ESMC1 NEW Senior Manager Operations.docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 553248 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.