Senior Coordinator International Student Services
Job no: 553354
Work type: Continuing
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
Categories: Professional, Student Administration, Management
- Full time, Continuing role
- $81,184 - $89,635 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
The International Student Services (ISS) team provides programs and services that enhance the transition, engagement and overall study experience of the University’s international student population.
The Senior Coordinator of the ISS team is responsible for supporting the efficient and effective provision of the team’s services, and working with the Manager and team colleagues in building strong and constructive working relationships with College and Divisional leadership teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day-to-day work of the International Student services officers and (Reception)
- Provide high level response to complex enquries and international student issues
- Provide advice and support responses to the Manager ISS or Director International Partnerships to ensure successful resolution
- Work collaboratively with other teams to ensure registration, orientation, transition and related service delivery resources are delivered and managed
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of all ISS activities and programs on all campuses to ensure continuous improvement
- Other duties as requested by the Management
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- An undergraduate degree in an area relevant to international student services with at least four years subsequent experience; or extensive experience and management expertise; or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including well developed cultural sensitivity and cross-cultural communication skills
- Demonstrated high-level organisation and problem solving skills, with an ability to manage several different projects and multiple stakeholders concurrently, ideally in a higher education context
- Demonstrated high level system, process experience
- Demonstrated ability to efficiently develop a detailed knowledge of academic and administrative policies
- Experience managing staff including identifying and leading professional development
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 22nd March 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Joanna Shaw email: J.Shaw@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Senior Coordinator International Student Services - PD.docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Lauren Toledo on +61 (03) 9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now