HR Officer, Payroll
Job no: 553372
Work type: Fixed Term
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
Categories: Professional, Finance/ Accounting
- Full time, Fixed term until Dec 2018
- $63, 424 - $71,423 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
The HR Officer Payroll, is a part of the Payroll Services team and is responsible for assisting with the end to end timely and accurate processing of the fortnightly payroll process for 6000 Latrobe University staff. This role will maintain payroll and personnel data, prepare and process redundancy and termination calculations, workers compensation and complex leave payments.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide timely, efficient and accurate administration and processing of the University fortnightly payroll in accordance with La Trobe University awards, agreements, practices and policies, Legislative, Statutory and Regulatory requirements
- Maintain and ensure data integrity of payroll and personnel data
- Calculate and process redundancy and termination payments as well as complex leave reconciliations
- Provide timely management and resolution of Customer queries in the HR ticketing system in accordance with Service Level Agreement expectations
- Build and maintain effective working relationships across the University and provide exceptional and responsive customer service
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated hands-on payroll knowledge and experience in all aspects of payroll processing working in a high volume complex environment
- Previous experience calculating and processing redundancy and termination payments as well as complex leave reconciliations
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge and understanding of interpreting multiple awards, Human Resource policies and procedures, legislative, regulatory and statutory requirements and the ability to provide advice on these matters
- Comprehensive understanding and experience using SAP HR/Payroll System and a Time and Attendance solution such as Workforce Solutions
- Advanced Excel and Word skills with the ability to write reports and manipulate data
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 18th Feb 2018
Position Enquiries: Sue Dunstan Deputy Director, HR Services, Pay and Support
Position Description below:
Fixed Term HR Payroll Officer PD.docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Lauren Toledo on +61 (03) 9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now