Executive Assistant – Two positions
- Provide high level executive support to the Pro Vice-Chancellor
- Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $73,573 - $79,638 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About the role
Supporting one of two Pro Vice Chancellors (LQI – Learning Quality and Innovation and SS – Student Success), you will be required to provide high-level executive support and service to ensure the effective and efficient administration of the PVC portfolio. You will also effectively manage the delivery of a wide range of administrative support activities and work collaboratively with other administrative staff.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Being the initial point of contact for all internal and external enquiries;
- Managing the diary of the respective PVC through a solid understanding of the business, relative priorities and appropriate delegation;
- Preparing documentation in draft and final format for/from meetings, or correspondence with key contacts both internal and external to the University;
- Welcoming incoming visitors & manage mail/calls and action appropriately; and
- Organising events on behalf of the Portfolio, including venue bookings, travel, accommodation, catering and attendance lists.
Skills & Experience
As a personable and professional administrator, you will possess previous experience as an Executive Assistant in a large complex organisation. You will take great pride in your attention to detail, fantastic energy and the ability to develop excellent working relationships and provide high quality service to colleagues, students and other stakeholders.
Prior experience working in a higher education environment would be desirable but is not essential.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Thursday 22nd February 2018
Position Enquiries: Peter Czech (03) 9479 5393
Position Description below:
Executive Assistant(Office of PVC LQI).pdf
Executive Assistant (Office of PVC SS).pdf
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact HR Assist on 9479 1234.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 553398 under current vacancies.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the SAGE Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.