Job no: 556507
Work type: Continuing
Location: Melbourne (Bundoora)
Categories: Professional, Administration
- Provide high level legal advice to the University
- Full time, continuing role based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
- $106,552 - $113,076 per annum plus 17% superannuation
About the role
As part of the Legal Services team consisting of the General Counsel, Deputy General Counsel and four senior lawyers, you will provide quality advice to the Colleges, the Campuses, the Administration and other parts of the University on all legal matters including drafting, negotiating and advising on contracts involving the University.
You will also provide leadership and guidance to colleagues both within the Legal Services team and external to the team as appropriate and play a key role in developing and implementing initiatives to improve the effective operation of the office.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, negotiating and advising on intellectual property, information technology, property, commercial, research consultancy, employment, international and other contracts submitted to Legal Services
- Provision of strategic support to the General Counsel and the Legal Services team in the provision of legal services
- Advising on the implementation of specific compliance and legislative requirements
- Providing legal advice and review University policies and procedures
- Develop and maintain a continuous improvement program within Legal Services ensuring services are delivered in the most effective and efficient manner
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified legal practitioner with a minimum of 4 years PQE, practising or entitled to practice in Victoria. In addition you will have:
- High level experience in drafting contracts
- General/commercial legal practice experience
- Demonstrated experience in Intellectual Property licensing
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and manage competing tasks in a timely manner
- Highly developed relationship management skills including the ability to influence and negotiate
- Exceptional communication skills
- An ability to work autonomously and also cooperatively in a team environment
Prior experience working in or with a higher education environment would be desirable but is not essential.
Please click on this link for a full list of benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11pm Sunday 25th March 2018
Position Enquiries: Justin Bolton, Senior Recruitment Business Partner (03) 9479 1073
Position Description below:
PD HEO9 Senior Solicitor.docx
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Senior Recruitment Business Partner Justin Bolton on +61 (03) 9479 1073
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 556507 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now