- Collaborate, connect and lead La Trobe’s systemic approaches to promoting healthy relationships in families, organisations and communities.
- Full-time, 5-year, fixed-term appointment at The Bouverie Centre, located in the inner-Melbourne suburb of Brunswick.
- An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the preferred candidate. Access to dedicated research funds is also available.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the role
Whilst long engaged in research, the Bouverie has been newly designated as a La Trobe University research centre, with accompanying strategic investment to support this. A major strategic task over the next three years is to build the research program’s capacity, articulate the Bouverie approach to research and integrate this program into the Centre’s current work, culture and values. To facilitate this we are simultaneously recruiting for two new research positions to build the Bouverie's research program's capacity - this leadership position, and a Senior Research Fellow who will report to this position in the delivery of this agenda.
In this position we are seeking to appoint an established researcher in Systemic Practice who will provide strategic leadership, foster a robust and innovative research culture and build research capacity across all Bouverie programs in line with the Centre’s culture and values.
Reporting to Director of The Bouverie Centre, the appointee will have strong mental health or alcohol and other drugs industry links and the skills to represent and drive La Trobe’s national and international systemic approaches to health and well-being to Government, industry and media.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate will bring an outstanding record of international achievement in academia, a breadth of academic vision, strategic thinking and collaboration that will establish La Trobe University as a global leader in systemic approaches to health and well-being.
They will possess a record of active, strong working relationships within the Australian health sector and the ability to build strategic relationships both domestically and internationally with key external partners, ranging from local communities to industry and government.
To succeed at level D, you will possess:
- A distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Successful record of significant levels of external research funding through grants/contracts/consultancies.
- A record of attracting honours/research higher degree students and successful supervision.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level.
To succeed at level E, you will possess all of the above and in addition:
- Distinguished record of original, innovative and internationally recognised research and/or teaching, with evidence of its impact and significance. This should clearly identify the candidate as either an established global leader in systemic approaches to health and well-being or a closely related discipline, and/or demonstrate the capacity to quickly establish the candidate as a global leader in this area.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: 11:55pm, 23rd June
Position Enquiries: Melissa Favata +61 3 9479 2030
Position Descriptions: PD Professor in Systemic Practice (Family Therapy) PD-.docx
PD Principle Research Fellow in Systemic Practice (Family Therapy) PD-.docx
Please indicate which level position you are applying for in your application. Applicants may opt to apply for both position levels (single application).
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Principle Research Fellow (Level D) full-time position $139,177 - $152,993 + 17% superannuation | Professor (Research) (Level E) full-time position $178,325 + 17% superannuation. Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications, experience and research track record.
La Trobe University is a proud member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to increase the number of women in science (https://www.science.org.au/supporting-science/gender-equity).
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.