- Part time (0.6) 4 days, Fixed term (3 Month contract)
- $77,999 – 84,155 per annum (pro-rata) plus up to 12% superannuation
- Based at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus
About the role
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing executive support to the Executive Director, Student Services & Administration, exercising a high degree of initiative, organisation and confidentiality. This includes providing a diverse range of office administration support and being the first point of contact for internal and external clients of the Student Services & Administration division. The role also has responsibility for the provision of a range of authoritative advice and coordination of administration services to ensure the effective and efficient management of the Student Services & Administration division
Responsibilities will include:
- Effective and efficient diary management for the Executive Director, Student Services
- Respond and reply to general enquiries providing appropriate actions
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the Executive Director and senior staff within Student Administration
- Manage highly sensitive phone calls, incoming mail and ensuring the appropriate documentation and management
- With support, manage and prepare Contractors Agreements with contractors engaged by the portfolio, escalate to Legal Services where necessary. Liaise with Legal Services for long form contracts
- Undertake other administrative functions and tasks as directed for the Executive Director, Student Services & Administration and Administration
Skills & Experience
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels with the confidence to discuss specific matters sensitively with discretion
- A pro active sense of being and the ability to use your initiate
- Proven ability to work autonomously including the skill to prioritise, mange workflows, workload and resources to effectively meet competing deadlines
- Strong problem solving ability
- Computer literacy and knowledge of relevant computer systems and software
- Ability to contribute to procedures and undertake day to day processing using various University systems
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019, 11:55pm
Position Enquiries: Linda Serrao
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 03 9479 1165
or alternatively Lauren Toledo Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
EA Fixed term (002 (5).docx
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Recruitment Advisor Lauren Toledo on +61 (03) 9479 5191
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558731 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.