Senior DevOps Engineer
Tabcorp is one of the few integrated gambling and entertainment companies in the world. We deliver excitement and fun to our customers through our retail, digital and media platforms.
Our 3,000 strong team is as diverse as Australia itself. Our people drive leading brands and industry-first sustainability efforts, here and internationally. They've also made Tabcorp a top 100 ASX company.
This leadership is reflected in who we are. If, like us, you're a passionate, positive playmaker and you want to use your talent to create amazing outcomes, we'd love to hear from you.
Role Snapshot/Role Summary
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you are responsible for building and maintaining a frictionless path to production for web applications in order to support continuous delivery and a productive team.
How you will contribute
· Design, build and constantly improve the path to production making heavy use of automation and orchestration tools and technologies
· Define and implement the strategy to monitor applications and communicate system health
· Design and execute automated performance tests to ensure that the application and supporting infrastructure are capable of scaling to meet periods of peak usage
· Work with business to understand capacity, performance, scalability and security requirements and design/implement infrastructure that supports them
· Ensure the pre-production environments are able to support a productive delivery team
· Keep abreast of bleeding edge technologies and champion their use where appropriate
· Participate in regular performance and evaluation reviews.
Our Ideal Person
· 6+ years of development and operations experience developing and maintaining applications, the infrastructure and the path to production.
· Expert knowledge of continuous delivery practices such as CI, automated testing and continuous deployment
· Extensive experience working with AWS or other cloud based infrastructure providers
· Extensive experience with modern provisioning tools, however, you will ideally be tools agnostic
· Extensive experience with application monitoring
· Extensive experience working with *nix based environments
· Excellent experience designing and executing performance tests
· Excellent experience working on highly transactional and high performing websites
· Good knowledge of common web and application architectures and development methodologies including Agile.
Curious, with a desire to learn
When you join our team you'll be able to take advantage of a range of benefits including flexible working arrangements, leadership and development programs and community programs.