Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
An exciting opportunity has emerged for an experienced people leader to lead, manage and direct operations within Mudgee depot in an Operations Manager capacity.
Reporting in to the Head of Operations for NSW Coal, this is a pivotal leadership role with overall accountability for the management of all frontline employees, including shift supervisors and train crew, being involved in the day-to-day operations of rail haulage activities.
You’ll be expected to manage a team of up to 4 direct reports, providing leadership and support in a collaborative and inclusive manner that fosters a high performance working culture and engaged team, who work together to safely deliver the customer plan as well as building and maintaining effective customer relationships, promoting Pacific National’s brand within the region.
Relocation assistance is available, if required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key member of NSW Coal leadership team, supporting the delivery of Pacific National Coal’s strategy
- Lead and develop a team of frontline leaders who work effectively to achieve business goals, including service delivery and employee engagement
- Overall accountability for the execution of the operational customer plan and supporting the daily planning process
- Working with the Pacific National Integrated Planning Services department’s strategic and tactical teams in allocating and deploying resources and supporting Mudgee’s Train Services Facility infrastructure and assets
- Initiate and implement operational processes, plans and systems to ensure there is a well-planned, controlled and pro-active approach to the business and operational requirements
- Demonstrate clear, effective leadership in all aspects of safety
- Effectively manage a wide range of stakeholders, including customers, to deliver operational and safety needs on a consistent basis
Accustomed to working in dynamic and industrial environments, you will possess:
- Demonstrated commitment to safety standards and procedures and the ability to successfully identify and implement effective safety initiatives
- Strong leadership and management skills with a proven track record in developing successful teams and fostering positive, collaborative, customer centric and performance-oriented workplace cultures
- Strong conflict management, negotiation and problem-solving skills
- The energy, agility and capability to achieve outcomes and deliver large scale, lasting and complex organisational change and business improvement programs
- Financial management skills and experience with strong commercial acumen, including the ability to prepare and interpret complex reports, budgets and other analytical data
- A working knowledge of the relevant industrial laws, including the WHS legislation and regulations, as well as understanding in Safety Management Systems and applications
- Diploma (or equivalent) in Frontline Leadership or relevant leadership experience is highly desirable
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits, such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We're looking for people who share our values of Safety, Accountability, Integrity and Teamwork – we live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 25 March 2019, but early applications are encouraged.
For more information please contact Robyn Peters on +61 2 8484 8134
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day