Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Key, impactful role in realising PN’s strategic operational vision
- Enfield based permanent role
- People leadership opportunity in growth industry
Reporting to the Head of Operations Freight and based at Enfield, the Manager Operations Sydney Region Bulk has accountability for a team of over 200 front line employees across Enfield, Clyde, Moss Vale, Cootamundra and Nowra depots. With overall operational leadership responsibility for a commodity focused, bulk business, the Manager Operations Sydney Region Bulk will ensure a safety focused, customer centric and high-performance environment across all rail haulage activities and ultimately the safe, timely and efficient delivery of customer’s freight according to the operational plan.
This critical role will balance planning, day to day operations and customer relationships to deliver operational excellence and further build on Pacific National’s brand within the region. With a focus on achieving best practice depot resources, infrastructure and assets utilization, the Manager Operations Sydney Region Bulk will implement optimal logistical solutions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing Leadership to 3 x Superintendents and their teams in the execution of their activities to foster a dynamic, cohesive and productive workforce focused on continuous improvement and the achievement of performance targets.
- Championing and driving a culture aligned with Pacific National Values – Safety, Integrity, Accountability & Teamwork.
- Maximising operational efficiency of personnel, equipment, facilities and train resources.
- Delivery of financial and operational targets including service, revenue and volume targets to drive profitability.
- Ensuring compliance with operating standards and procedures in the day-to-day operations of rail haulage activities across Enfield, Clyde, Moss Vale, Cootamundra and Nowra depots.
- Oversight of depot HR and IR issues, and maintaining a strong, direct and open relationship with all terminal personnel driving improved levels of accountability, clarity of purpose and overall performance.
- Supporting sales and customer service to build strategic customer relationships and further build Pacific National’s brand.
You will model personal accountability to your teams and demonstrate commercial awareness and responsiveness to customer requirements.
In addition, you will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated people leadership skills with a proven track record of employee engagement and development and success fostering customer centric and performance-oriented workplace cultures.
- Accustomed to working in dynamic and industrial environments, with the energy, agility and capability to achieve outcomes and deliver large scale and complex organisational change.
- Relevant experience in heavy industry, ideally managing rail/logistics/transportation across a sizeable workforce.
- Financial management experience with strong commercial acumen.
- Experience in driving business, process and safety and environmental improvement in a complex and highly regulated industrial environment.
- Strategic, commercial and conceptual thinking with analytical and process-driven experience.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 31st March, 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.