Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Strategically distributed on a daily basis across Australia’s rail network, we have our people and assets all methodically planned by our Planning Team.
We are looking to hire a Flexible Labour Specialist to join our labour planning team. Reporting in to the Labour Planning Manager, this role will be responsible for developing and coordinating flexible labour solutions, translating planned labour models to ensure the business has skilled, competent and available labour resources.
A key focus of this role is to build and manage collaborative relationships with our Labour Hire suppliers, while ensuring they meet contractual obligations, including the supply of staff that are trained in line with our training department and RTO’s requirements.
This role would be well suited to someone from a labour hire planning or recruitment background with strong business partnering and account management skills.
- Support the business in the translation and development of flexible labour solutions utilising casual, labour hire and other available labour pools
- In conjunction with managers and supervisors, actively support the process of engaging flexible labour resources, liaising with key stakeholders including Human Resources, planning, training, and others to ensure an efficient and effective engagement and on-boarding, training, utilisation and exit processes
- Coordinate flexible labour supply to meet daily, weekly and seasonal demand and monitor planning practices and processes for flexible labour
- Support the development of flexible labour supply options, scoping supplier requirements for flexible labour and manage all the transactional requirements with suppliers for Pacific National
- Coordination of reporting, ensuring consistency of quality and suitability for purpose
You will be a highly skilled communicator with a demonstrated success in stakeholder engagement with strong negotiation and influencing skills, with the ability to resolve conflict within a complex environment:
- Previous experience in labour supply contract interpretation, supplier vendor management and inherent processing is desirable
- Prior experience in enterprise agreement interpretation would be advantageous
- You will ideally have experience working with stakeholders in training, in order to understand the training competencies required by the business
- An understanding of Labour model and rostering experience will be highly regarded
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills will assist in your negotiation and decision making
- Background within Transport and Logistics or similar industry is desirable
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 29 April 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
For more information please contact Robyn Peters from the Careers team on +61 2 8484 8134 or alternately, apply today!
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.