Reporting in to the Supervisor for Service Delivery, the Service Delivery Controller has key accountability for the efficient running of train services in real time and within the 24 hour time horizon.
The primary focus of the role is to facilitate timely communication to key stakeholders within the Pacific National supply chain network to ensure that trains run to schedule. This includes network providers, customers, port operations, maintenance providers and train crew.
This is an exciting role providing tactical information about our 650+ locomotives and 14000+ wagons across the country. Working as part of a team you will be responsible for assessing potential challenges or risks to our service plan and providing first response management to incidents and escalating them to your Team Leader as required.
This role is based at our Head Office in North Sydney and is a 12 month fixed term opportunity.
*Note: you will be required to work shifts, including weekends (1 weekend in 2) and some public holidays.
Key responsibilities include:
- Actively monitor the delivery of cargo to our customers within service delivery standards
- Minimise the impact of any disruptions to the service delivery plan
- Key communication point for our customers for any queries
- Provide advice on operating methodology and systems operating rules
- Adhere to safety performance requirements and standards.
- Ensure relevant health and safety standards and procedures are adhered to.
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate strong analytical ability and a commitment to problem-solving, coupled with an innovative and creative thinking style.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. Ideal applicants will need to demonstrate relationship management strengths as a collaborative team player with clear evidence of your ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
- Experience in rail, transport, heavy industry or other dynamic industry is advantageous
- Specialist or technical knowledge of transport, logistics planning and operations will be highly regarded
- Experience within large and complex organisation is preferred
- Demonstrated ability operating within dynamic and multi-faceted business operations advantageous
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or the work experience equivalent will be highly regarded
With a background in heavy industry or operations, you feel comfortable working as part of a team in fast-paced, dynamic, operational environments. You may have honed your skills in a deployment, emergency services, dispatcher, or controller type role previously and are looking for a new high-energy challenge.
Process-driven and methodical, you can analyse real-time information to make quick, commercially-minded decisions. You excel at actively monitoring the delivery of cargo, communicating key information to customers and holding network providers accountable.
Applications close on 29 April 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.