Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Chatswood based
- 12 month project
- Lead a major change program for a large business on transformation journey
Responsible for the overall delivery of assigned IT projects, this role is accountable for the planning, shaping and delivery of IT projects, which involves:
- ensuring business and technical requirements are clearly articulated and signed off
- managing the design, build, testing, cutover and handover of new services to the relevant business and IT Support groups.
The initial project will be to transition Pacific National’s Billing process for the current operational system (TMS) into PeopleSoft with the objective of improving functionality, minimising over/under billing which has been impacting the quality of PNs customer relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business Transition accountability and change management.
- Engagement with senior IT and Business Stakeholders to lead project teams in a hands-on manner, resolving a wide range of project issues and playing a leading role in driving project delivery to the Business through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Planning and scheduling of all assigned project work streams.
- Identifying and on boarding the resources required to deliver the Program.
- Managing the project team and schedule to achieve time frames and budget, while meeting business requirements.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated experience in IT Project/Program Management, developing major change programs.
- Project management qualifications (PMBOK and/or Prince2).
- Experience managing complex IT projects with budgets in excess of $5 million.
- Experience with Order-to-Cash business processes, preferably utilising PeopleSoft and/or
relevant ERP applications.
- Experience in the logistics / transport industry will be beneficial but is not essential, preferably in rail.
- Ideally exposure to integrated applications in a Logistics / Supply Chain Management environment.
- Experience in Vendor evaluation, selection and management.
- A customer centric approach and the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 23rd April, 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.