Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- North Sydney based, Permanent role
- Define and lead the executive search function for Pacific National
- Impactful role within business on transformational journey
A key role supporting Pacific National’s talent strategy and reporting to the Head of HR – Corporate, the Talent Acquisition Principal will be responsible for sourcing talent for the business in executive, senior and other critical roles requiring proactive search or market mapping. Creating talent networks and communities will be critical to support in the identification of high potential and top talent from the external market. This role is responsible for partnering with the Organisational Development team to understand key capability gaps and critical role risk and through the appropriate application of talent acquisition strategies support in mitigating these risks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop talent mapping frameworks and processes for proactive search and selection activities, including name generation against specific job families, and validation of identified talent against current needs;
- Through candidate relationship management, build and sustain talent networks and communities that can be leveraged for talent needs utilising best in practice tools (Databases, Social Media, Web Mining, Online Blogs and Forums, referrals, CRM technology etc.);
- Reduced dependency on external search agencies through innovative and creative direct delivery methods;
- Partner with Organisational development team in understanding and communicating EVP through suitable communication channels;
- Up skill and provide training on talent acquisition strategies to HR community so they may support in identifying and profiling candidates and utilising best in search class tools and techniques;
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of resourcing strategies, branding, processes and practices.
- Develop and manage relationships with talent acquisition vendors, agencies, industry bodies and universities.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a sourcing, search or research role within an in-house environment or search consulting firm. To ensure your success in this role, you will also have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Extensive experience within talent sourcing, search and research, using multiple channels and an understanding of mediums including Databases, Social Media, Web Mining, Online Blogs and Forums, referrals, CRM technology etc;
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and maintenance of talent pools and market maps;
- Ability to understanding business strategy and landscape and effectively communicate that to potential candidates;
- High level of professionalism, integrity and sound judgement and ability to manage and influence senior and executive stakeholders.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open, respectful and honest communication.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 29th April 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.