- Take ownership of a critical business function with a nationwide focus and large team accountability!
- Excellent opportunity for a motivated and dynamic people leader to build their profile and make a difference
- Use your high level management skills to achieve quality people driven outcomes
Pacific National is one of Australia's largest rail providers. We handle and haul millions of tonnes of agricultural and resource commodities, retail goods, manufacturing products, construction and other materials that keep the region's economy, businesses and households running. We employ around 4000 people in over 100 sites across Australia. Join our team as we continue to strive to become market leaders in logistic services that connect businesses and their markets across Australia.
Reporting in to the Head of Planning, the Planning Manager for Interstate Steel has key accountability for the leadership of short to medium term planning for train services, critical assets and labour to optimise efficiency and effectiveness.
With a team of 5 direct reports and 39 indirect, your primary focus will be the achievement of people driven outcomes. You will be expected to provide technical and thought leadership in an inclusive and collaborative manner, creating an environment that fosters a high-performing and engaged team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Successfully leading your team of planners with a primary focus on quality business outcomes
- Management of train service planning, scheduling of critical assets and labour including access confirmation, maintaining and improving achievability
- Responsible for service plan management which identifies conflicts, constraints, efficiency and effectiveness opportunities
- Continuous improvement of the deployment of new and existing services with operations group to improve both business and customer performance
Our ideal applicant could come from a range of different industries and backgrounds, but our top priority is the ability to demonstrate operational leadership experience and proven people management capability.
In order to be successful in this role, ideal applicants will need to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in managing a large team
- Ability to demonstrate achievements relating to people driven outcomes
- Proven background in managing dynamic and multi-faceted business operations with solutions-focused approach
- Experience in a large and complex organisation preferred
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant business discipline or the work experience equivalent will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity and flexible work options. Working for us will put you in a strategic position with your career, with opportunities for growth and development along with financial and non-financial benefits.
We're looking for people who share our values of Safety, Accountability, Integrity and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communications, personal accountability and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
For more information please contact Robyn Peters from the Careers team on +61 2 8484 8134.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about careers with us, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Every Day - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day