Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Brisbane CBD, Mackay or Rockhampton based, Permanent role
- Drive strategic HR initiatives
- Impactful HR role within business on transformational journey
Reporting into the Head of HR – Coal, this role will partner with our QLD Coal Operations, providing HR lifecycle and IR/ER support for rail sites throughout regional QLD. As an accomplished HR Generalist and true business partner, you leverage contemporary HR practices and implement strategic initiatives to drive better business outcomes, employee engagement and a high-performing culture. Demonstrating behaviours that are aligned with our values, you will have the capability to work autonomously and partner closely with your stakeholder groups, providing guidance and advice to leaders and employees across all areas, including:
- Employee Relations.
- Performance Management.
- Workforce engagement.
- Organisational design, transformation, and change management.
- Capability and talent development.
- Workforce and succession planning.
Due to the geographic coverage of this role, travel to multiple sites across Queensland is required.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a similar role within a large, industrialised business. To ensure your success in this role, you will also have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Relevant HR-based tertiary qualifications and a sound understanding of HR policy, employment law and employee relations, with exposure to Unions and industrial instruments.
- A collaborative approach to partnering with senior leaders and supporting strategic objectives.
- Strong influencing and coaching skills with high levels of personal accountability, integrity and maturity.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and project management capability.
- Driven to succeed, you are energetic, outcomes-focused and commercially savvy.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 29th April, 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.