Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
The key objective of this role is to effectively engage with the operations team to finalise labour for the working roster and align crew availability with business requirements. You will play an important role in planning resources across our operations to ensure optimal performance.
This challenging position may provide a great foundation for the right candidate to develop a career in logistics, planning or scheduling.
*Note: you will be required to work shifts, including every second weekend and some public holidays.
- Develop and deliver innovative planning solutions for the scheduling of labour within your allocated portfolio
- Identify classifications, qualifications and labour availability to align outputs with customer requirements
- Maintain the working roster and crew availability report for your allocated portfolio
- Contribution to the deployment of new and existing services with operations to improve both business and customer performance
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll be expected to demonstrate a strong analytical ability and a commitment to problem-solving, coupled with an innovative and creative thinking style. Ideal applicants will be process driven and motivated by the prospect of meeting tight deadlines whilst successfully managing competing priorities. You will take pride in your work and will have a high level of attention to detail.
Integral to success in this role is your ability to communicate effectively with high level verbal, written and interpersonal skills. As an ideal candidate you will demonstrate strengths in relationship management, be a collaborative team player and display an ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
The following skills and experience are desired:
- Ability to work under pressure and meet daily deadlines
- Ability to negotiate with front line staff or internal/external customers to achieve optimal outcomes
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Background in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with multi-faceted business operations is preferred
- Specialist or technical knowledge of transport, logistics, planning or operations will be highly regarded
- Background in rostering and an ability to interpret Enterprise Agreements is desirable
- Experience in logistics, hospitality, military, defence or contact centre is advantageous, but not essential
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 30 May 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
Further enquiries can be directed to Robyn Peters in the Careers team on +61 8484 8134.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.