Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Reporting to the Training Manager, this role has key accountability for the delivery of advisory services and support related to training as per the remit of the Pacific National training function, which includes the company’s Registered Training Organisation.
Based at our Head Office in North Sydney, this position will act as a subject matter expert, supporting and guiding key stakeholders within the Pacific National training community on training best-practice, implementation and process.
- Advise on training related policies, procedures and reporting
- Facilitate the implementation of RTO standards to ensure effective governance
- Coach and guide on training best-practice in collaboration with key stakeholders to achieve quality outcomes
- Coordinate and liaise with external regulatory bodies
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. Ideal applicants will need to demonstrate relationship management strengths as a collaborative team player with clear evidence of ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
In addition, our ideal candidate will be expected to demonstrate:
- Experience in an RTO or regulated training environment and understanding of technical training deliverables
- Sound understanding of the principles of adult learning and a solid understanding of modern training principles and practices (blended learning, eLearning)
- Working knowledge of Learning Management systems, including the ability to manage qualifications and reporting to the national VET regulator
- Tertiary qualification in Training and Assessment is a requirement, while further studies in Human Resources or a related discipline is highly desirable
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 21 July 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.