Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this senior position will have key accountability for the delivery of payroll services to a portfolio of approx. 1200 employees on a fortnightly basis.
With four direct reports, you will be expected to provide technical and thought leadership in an inclusive and collaborative manner, creating an environment that fosters a high-performing and engaged payroll support team.
The Payroll Support team are focused on the time & attendance component of the payroll process for our labour/ blue collar employees who are employed across 5 different enterprise agreements. The rostering and timesheets are processed through an internal Time & Attendance system.
Position is located in Newcastle.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a team of payroll support officers with a focus on engagement and building capability
- Overall accountability for the accurate and efficient delivery of payroll services and clear understanding of Enterprise Agreements
- Contribute as a key member of the payroll leadership team, supporting the delivery of strategic Pacific National objectives
- Develop strong business partnerships across Pacific National with key stakeholders
- Regular payroll reporting, audit and administration
In order to be successful in this role, ideal applicants will possess strong analytical ability, coupled with an innovative and creative thinking style.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. You will need to demonstrate proven relationship management strengths, with clear evidence of your ability to build successful business relationships.
In addition, ideal applicants will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven supervisory background in payroll, with strengths in front end payroll processes – full function payroll experience is highly desirable
- Experience with Enterprise Agreement interpretation preferred
- Confidence in operating within a high volume, deadline driven environment
- Results-driven and customer-focused approach, with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Background in transport, logistics, heavy industry or other related industries will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 1 September 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.