Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
The Supervisor Linehaul plays a key role in providing leadership and guidance to train crew as well as leading and coordinating the day to day operations within the terminal.
This role will have a strong emphasis on implementing business improvements, cultural change, safe working improvements and ensuring productive workplace practices. In addition, the Supervisor Linehaul is responsible for ensuring Pacific National trains run on time, safely and efficiently through consultation with the Service Delivery team and Network Control
Key responsibilities include:
- Inspiring and leading a team of safety-focused people by supervising, coordinating and managing operational resources
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant network access regulations and policy standards
- Developing and maintaining the knowledge, skills and attributes required of your team with a focus on coaching, mentoring, and safety
- Lead and assist incident investigations
- Coordinating the implementation and communication of organisational, divisional and local safety instructions, as well as assessing your team members via driver performance and safety observations
- Commitment to providing world's best customer service; building excellent relationships with all customers (internal and external) and identifying and developing improved business solutions for our customers.
To be successful in this role, you will have a strong safety background and possess:
- Experience in leading, coaching, and motivating a team in a busy environment
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability
- Experience in building and developing a multi-faceted team with a key focus on building and reinforcing a strong safety culture
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Background in the rail/transport sector preferred
- Tertiary qualifications in Transport / Logistics or Business Management will be highly regarded
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 17 July 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.