Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Key transformation initiatives in train dynamics, simulation & testing
- Push boundaries - leverage your technology and engineering expertise
- Support the testing of trains and develop train models within a simulated environment
- North Sydney or Newcastle location
Reporting in to the Head of Operational Technology, this role has key accountability for the management, development and implementation of an Operational Technology Strategy leveraging intelligent transport, IoT and contemporary OT technologies to achieve company goals and industry leadership.
You’ll be expected to make smart recommendations on how to improve effectiveness, efficiency and delivery of services using technology, technical methods and methodologies.
Key responsibilities include:
- Management and implementation of new technology and innovation
- Identify appropriate operational technologies and manage the selection process
- Management of technical assignments
- Support the testing of trains - design and build testing equipment, develop train models within a simulated environment (simulator)
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate a solid Operational Technology background, preferably in rail or transport.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. You will need to demonstrate proven relationship management strengths, with clear evidence of your ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or other relevant discipline
- Successful track record in the complex application of operational technologies to achieve transformation
- Proven experience in project management, negotiation and/or market research
- Background in heavy industry, transport, rail, avionics or other related industries preferred
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 27 August 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
For more information please contact Robyn Peters from the Careers team on +61 2 8484 8134 or alternately, apply today!
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.