Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Key transformation project, 12 mth fixed term opportunity
- Leverage your change expertise, broad operations exposure
- High level stakeholder management requirements
Reporting in to the Head of Operational Technology, this role has key accountability for supporting the change management component of a key transformation project.
As a key driver of transformation, this role will be responsible for understanding the business context and the people impacts of this operational technology implementation.
This position will focus on developing and implementing change management and communication deliverables. You’ll collaborate and partner with a broad internal and external stakeholder group in order to develop and manage the delivery of the Change Management Plan.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and ensure consistent delivery of the Change Management Plan on time, within budget and to an appropriate standard
- Development and execution of stakeholder and communications management plans
- Support project team in ongoing engagement with consultation groups
- Ensure sustainable change occurs by understanding the requirements of the business and ensuring the business is operationally ready
- Assess and identify the change impact to the business within the context of the project
- Profile impacted user groups and determine appropriate sustainable change strategies
- Identify and leverage key stakeholders in the delivery of the change management plan, ensuring the implementation is supported and embraced
In order to be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to demonstrate a solid change and transformation background.
High-level communication ability is essential, with verbal, written and interpersonal skills integral to success in this role. You will need to demonstrate proven relationship management strengths, with clear evidence of your ability to build successful stakeholder relationships.
In addition, you’ll be expected to demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification in Human Resources, Project Management or Change-related discipline
- Successful track record in change management roles preferably from within large and complex organisations
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders with conflicting priorities
- High level problem solving and decision making capability
- Drive to succeed - you will be outcome-focused, with a high level of maturity, acting with integrity at all times
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 26 August 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future? To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
For more information please contact Robyn Peters from the Careers team on +61 2 8484 8134 or alternately, apply today!
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and the opportunities we offer, visit our careers page www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.