Pacific National (PN) is the largest provider of diversified rail freight services in Australia. We haul a variety of freight including coal, intermodal containers, steel, and a range of bulk commodities and materials that keep the region’s economy, businesses and households running. We operate nationally with approximately 3,500 staff in over 100 sites across Australia. Join us as we continue to transform our business and shape the rail freight industry, to achieve our vision of becoming Australia’s recognised leader for safe, innovative and sustainable rail freight solutions.
- Permanent opportunity, based in Sarina Qld
- Leadership role
- Strategic and impactful opportunity
Reporting to the Head of Operations, the Superintendent Training is responsible for the training function across the Coal QLD Business Unit. You will ensure all workers are competent to perform their jobs, lead a team of 2 direct report training specialists and also ensure the professional development and guidance to the team of Trainers embedded within the business.
A key focus of the role is as a member of the state lead team for Coal QLD, transforming Pacific National into a highly efficient and effective operation, driving a customer-centred culture and reforming systems, structures, policies and procedures to unlock capability and operational capacity to serve customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing training and workforce development subject matter expertise.
- Managing the RPL process for all new rail safety workers, ensuring individualised training plans are developed and implemented.
- Identify and make recommendations of future training and workforce development requirements.
- Monitoring and reporting on the progress of training projects and delivery of training requirements.
You will ideally possess the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Bachelor level qualification or demonstrated equivalent experience in training, learning and development or similar.
- Demonstrated experience within workforce training and assessment, as well as in the development of people, systems and processes to ensure targets are achieved.
- Highly developed research, negotiating, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience or knowledge of RTO standards.
- Demonstrated understanding of identifying and meeting customer needs.
Our culture embraces diversity, inclusion and flexible work options. Working for us will enable you to take ownership of your career and gain access to opportunities for growth and development, while enjoying Pacific National’s financial and non-financial benefits such as paid parental leave, opportunity to purchase additional annual leave, discounts on health insurance, travel and more.
We are looking for people who share our values of Safety, Integrity, Accountability and Teamwork, and live these values through open and honest communication and respect.
We embrace diversity in our workforce and encourage everyone to apply.
Applications close on 27 August 2019.
Are you ready to be part of our future?
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button below and follow the prompts.
To find out more about Pacific National, our benefits and opportunities we offer, visit our careers page: www.pacificnational.com.au/careers
Home Safely Everyday - Our top priority is getting you home to your family safely every day.